- Payment Guarantee Form - If you choose to not pay at the time of service, we do require that you have a credit or debit card on file to guarantee payment. You can send this form back to us at Info@IrongateEquine.com, or bring it to your appointment.
- Vaccination, Dental, and Deworming Chart - We keep track of all of your preventative care needs, but if you'd like to keep track of those items on your own as well, attached is a great document to use.
- Irongate’s Strategic Deworming Protocol– This link will provide you with Irongate Equine Clinic’s recommendations for strategic deworming at your barn. Targeted deworming is a program designed to decrease resistance to deworming products that you use on a regular basis. Contact us if you have questions or want to review strategy.
- Irongate’s Fecal Sample Protocol – Reviews the appropriate process for collecting a fresh fecal sample.
Horse Ownership Resources
- Farrier Listing - We've compiled a list of farriers in the south central Wisconsin area. These are not recommendations or referrals, merely a directory for you.
- AAEP – For Horse Owners – AAEP’s mission is to improve the welfare of the horse through equine practitioners. Become a member, and you can receive veterinarian advice from all over the country.
- Wisconsin Horse Council – The WHC is dedicated to promoting the equine industry in Wisconsin. Read up on new initiatives, upcoming shows, etc.
- American Horse Council – The AHC is a non-profit group that protects the equine industry’s interests in Congress. Stay up to date on the status of quarantines, new agriculture bills, and medication regulations.
- Midwest Horse Fair – Held every Spring, MHF focuses on education, networking, and promotional opportunities. Review the schedule, find the exhibitors, buy tickets, and more. IEC will be the official vet of MHF!
- My Vet Link – Create an account to view and print your Coggins results.
- Trailer Safety from Double D Services– This packet of information comes from Double D Trailer Services in Verona! Dale graciously presented on trailer safety for Irongate Equine clients on April 22, 2014. Take a look for helpful safety checklists, information about trailer maintenance, and details about tires, weight distribution, and trailer types.
- Irongate’s Vaccination Recommendations – This handout covers the general diseases that horses are routinely vaccinated against. Vaccination recommendations should be considered with your horses age and exposure risk in mind. Speak to your veterinarian to ensure these recommendations are appropriate for your horse(s).
- Guide to Poisonous Plants – Colorado State University – This useful guide highlights those plants which can be a danger to horses if they’re planted, or naturally develop, in your pastures.